Advanced Skills for EMTs
It is the mission of the Fast Response Paramedic Academy to produce extraordinary critical thinking paramedics who provide compassionate and proficient patient care. We do this by creating a supportive learning environment that includes the student in the learning process. We provide several opportunities for outside activities that enrich the didactic experience. The opportunities include ride alongs with local 911 EMS providers.
We provide our students with a tablet computer loaded with EMS software to include iPCR, Title 22, local and regional EMS Regulations, as well as online learning tools. These tools will enhance the overall learning experience, while utilizing up to date technology students can expect to use in the field. This equipment will be incorporated into all aspects of clinical and field training. We have an excellent skills lab that includes a scenario based Simulation Lab, a High Fidelity ALS manikin, and an ambulance simulator.
Fast Response has developed strong relationships with Paramedics Plus, Kaiser Permanente Regional Medical Centers, and Eden Medical Center. Through contractual agreements with these facilities, Fast Response is able to guarantee immediate access to both clinical and field internships.
You must be a certified EMT with six months of experience before you can begin training as a paramedic. Please click here to get information about our EMT program.
Twelve Month Course
Paramedic Anatomy & PhysiologyTBA
Academy Start DateFebruary 2nd, 2015
Mon - Wed, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
To be eligible for the Paramedic Academy:
- Proof of age: Must be 18 by the date of candidate's selected Academy start.
- Proof of legal ability to work in the United States.
- Proof of minimum education requirements.
- High school diploma, official High School Transcripts showing successful completion, GED, or Official college transcripts.
- No fewer than 1040 verified hours of EMT or healthcare work experience.
- You MUST be a licensed EMT with prior experience in the field. If you are not a licensed EMT, you can get information about becoming an EMT here.
- Applicants must score 20 or greater on the Wonderlic Entrance Exam.
- Copy of current EMT Certification and Health Care Provider CPR card.
- Applicants must have completed a college level Anatomy and Physiology course within the last 2 years. All Paramedic Academy candidates who have not completed a Collegiate Level A&P course must complete Fast Response School's A&P course.
Anatomy and Physiology
The purpose of the Anatomy and Physiology (A&P) prerequisite course is to deliver a comprehensive theoretical foundation and medical terminology of the human body systems to the paramedic program candidate comparable to what they will encounter during their didacticportion of the Paramedic Academy. Successful completion of this prerequisite will raise the candidate's cognitive level to that of a better prepared beginning paramedic student, and will verify the candidate's ability to cope with the pace of the School's Paramedic Academy. All Paramedic Academy candidates who have not completed a Collegiate Level A&P course must complete this course.
Sections of this course may be held in an online format. All students must have online access and the ability to complete assignments autonomously. Intermittent quizzes will be given as formative assessments to ensure that each student is advancing sufficiently in the course.
Cost: $450.00 - Books included.
Applicants who have completed a college level Anatomy and Physiology course within the last 2 years may forgo the Anatomy and Physiology course by submitting college transcripts to Fast Response; however it is still strongly suggested that students take our Anatomy and Physiology class to be prepared for the Paramedic Academy.
- Application Submission
- Application (First five pages)
- Work verification form
- Reference forms
- Copy of government issued identification (Drivers License, Passport, etc.)
- Copy of high school or GED Diploma
- Copy of college degree or official transcripts
- Copy of current healthcare provider CPR card
- Copy of current EMT card (CA State or NREMT)
- Letters of Recommendation (Optional)
- Successfully pass the school entrance examination
- Oral Board - By invitation only
Prior to the first day of class, all students will need to complete and submit all required immunizations and drug screening results.
Tuition and Fees
|Background Check||$200.00||Non-Refundable after first day of class|
|Insurance||$250.00||Non-Refundable after first day of class|
|Supplies||$1,845.00||Textbooks, tablet, T-shirt, etc.|
|Uniform Patches||$49.00||Required to attend|
|Tuition||$8,600.00||Equivalent to $11.81 per clock hour|
|Clinical Externship||$300.00||Non-refundable after first day of clinical externship|
|Field Internship||$500.00||Non-refundable after first day of field internship|
|STRF||$6.00||Non-Refundable ($0.50 for every $1000.00, rounded to the nearest $1000.00.)|
|Arranged Internship / Preceptor||$900.00||and up depending on internship location|
|NREMT Examination||$110.00||for written exam plus additional fees for practical skills exam|
|Live Scan||$69.00||(additional $50.00 for DMV Live Scan, if needed)|
|Uniform||$200.00||approximate cost for full uniform (shirt, pants, boots, belt, nameplate)|