It is the mission of the Fast Response Paramedic Academy to produce extraordinary critical thinking paramedics who provide compassionate and proficient patient care. We do this by creating a supportive learning environment that includes the student in the learning process. We provide several opportunities for outside activities that enrich the didactic experience. The opportunities include ride alongs with local 911 EMS providers.
We provide our students with an iPad loaded with EMS software to include iPCR, Title 22, local and regional EMS Regulations, as well as online learning tools. These tools will enhance the overall learning experience, while utilizing up to date technology students can expect to use in the field. This equipment will be incorporated into all aspects of clinical and field training. We have an excellent skills lab that includes a scenario based Simulation Lab, a High Fidelity ALS manikin, and an ambulance simulator.
Fast Response has developed strong relationships with Paramedics Plus, Kaiser Permanente Regional Medical Centers, and Eden Medical Center. Through contractual agreements with these facilities, Fast Response is able to guarantee immediate access to both clinical and field internships.
Qualified candidates should review the admissions procedures and contact us to receive an Application For Consideration.
- 728 hours of didactic lecture
- 688 hours guaranteed internship
- 48 hours of didactic observation
- Completion of PALS, ACLS, ITLS, GEMS, and EMPACT certifications
Included in the program:
- Berkeley Fire
- Eden Medical Center
- Highland Hospital
- Kaiser Permanente
- King-American Ambulance
- Laguna Honda Hospital
- Paramedics Plus
- Simulation Lab with high fidelity ALS manikin
- On-site Ambulance simulator
- iPad with EMS software included with cost of course
- NREMT-P Test Prep
- Alameda County Coroners' Bureau
- Berkeley Fire
- Eden Medical Center ED, ICU, Trauma Rounds
- North Bay Hospital Cath Lab
- St. Francis Bothin Burn Center
- Touro University Cadaver Lab